- Apocalyptic literatureApocalyptic literature is a genre of prophetical writing that developed in post-Exilic Jewish culture and was popular among millennialist early Christians.”Apocalypse” (ἀποκάλυψις) is a Greek word meaning “revelation“, “an unveiling or unfolding of things not previously known and which could not be known apart from the unveiling”. As a genre, apocalyptic literature details the authors’ visions of the end times as revealed by an angel or other heavenly messenger. The apocalyptic literature of Judaism and Christianity embraces a considerable period, from the centuries following the Babylonian exile down to the close of the Middle Ages.
- Bahá’í prophecies
- Bible prophecy
- Christian messianic prophecies
- False prophet
- List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events
- List of messiah claimants
- List of people claimed to be Jesus
- List of prophecies of Joseph Smith
- Predictions and claims for the Second Coming of Christ
- Unfulfilled Christian religious predictions
- Watch Tower Society unfulfilled predictions
For a complete list of the many dates predicted for apocalyptic events throughout history, click here.
Total Page Visits: 496 - Today Page Visits: 1